Redwood Care Assembly: #wewill make a difference!
Redwood pupils this week have been focusing on one of our core school values of 'Care' and how they can show this important attribute. Pupils reflected upon different parts of their lives that they care about and how they show this. They were inspired by different social action projects that are taking place around the world, in Portsmouth and at Redwood. Each class have come up with a #wewill Social action project to show how they are implementing their individual and class Care value in the community. The ideas and plans for their action projects are fantastic and some include:
- creating blankets for local homeless people made from recycled crisp packets.
- supporting the local foodbank in collecting food and volunteering at the local coffee morning
- litter picking in the local woodland and beach areas
- making cakes and taking to the local care home alongside social and reading time with the residents
- continue to improve our recycling in the local community and raise awareness through campaigning.
To take a look at the presentation used for our pupils please click here